Our Junior Journo Joshua Woolley gives us his match report

Tranmere Rovers 2-1 Guiseley AFC

Tranmere end their home drought after a victory against a defensively solid Guiseley side . The day started with a warm welcome home to Jodie Taylor who started her career at the mighty whites in 2002 then has played for numerous sides  such as Birmingham and is currently out on loan to Canberra United from Portland thorns fc . The game was officiated by Karl Evens and his assistants Barry Lamb and Alan Bennett .The first chance was in the first minute when James Norwood flicked it through to Andy Mangan but nothing came from it . In the 6th minute Guiseley  were on the counter attack when Anthony Dudley robbed Steve mcnulty then took a shot but a fantastic double save from Scott Davies after Anthony Dudley and Nathan Smith . Tranmere had a fantastic chance from a Andy Mangan header from a Adam Mekki corner then another chance from an Adam Mekki cross was headed by Gary Taylor -Fletcher but it is straight into the keepers arms . Guiseley were awarded a free kick just inside rovers half after a Matt Hill foul on 

Nathan Smith it was not a ferocious foul it was more of a body check because it was on the counter and no one was back luckily the free kick led to nothing. After Adam Mekki losing a aerial battle Gary Taylor -fletcher tried a chip but it didn't come of it fell into the goalies arms he punted it up to Nathan Smith who flicked it onto Gavin Rothery he brings it down and takes it past rovers captain Steve Jennings then dinks a nice ball into the rovers box and it is failed to be dealt with after a Liam Hogan header to the edge of the box falls into the path of assistant manger Danny Boshell who volleys it into Davies' bottom right corner puts the lions in front in the 23rd minute which was all rovers. 6minutes after the goal Gary Taylor -Fletcher had the ball cleared and it fell to his chest which he then took to the byline and drilled it across the 6 yard box but James Norwood couldn't capitalise on the glorious opportunity . Tranmere were then awarded a corner but Danny Hall was taken off with what looked to be a hamstring injury and the lions brought in as a replacement Adam Lockwood with the resulting corner nothing came from it. Liam hogan was the first player in the referees notebook after a foul.Tranmere have another corner in the last of 3minutes of added time and they finally make it count from James Norwood nodding in a Adam Mekki near post corner. At halftime the possession was equal but rovers had 10 shots compared to Guiseley's 4 Rovers made their 5th corner count fortunately.

From the get go Jay Harris pings it wide to our fullback Liam Hogan who drills it at such pace along the face of goal nobody could get s touch on it. Adam Mekki was pulling the strings then Harris plays it to the star man who beats Danny Lowe then cuts in onto his weaker left foot which we could tell it was because he ballooned it wide and over. Again Jay Harris intercepts a sloppy Guiseley  pass and plays it to Liam Hogan who phishes it across the face of goal but Mangan can't make contact and forced the Guiseley defender into putting it into row z for another Tranmere corner.Tranmere are camped in the Guiseley half which is affecting the Kops atmosphere who are now in full voice in the hour mark . Ben Tomlinson replaced Adam Mekki  surprisingly which didn't go down to well but After the game brabin said 10minutes earlier he had cramp as it was his first came back from injury. In added time in the second half Harris earned back possession and passed it to Gary Taylor - Fletcher who slotted it through the gap to number 10 James Norwood who is taken down by goalkeeper Steven Drench and earns a last gasp penalty. Norwood dusts himself off and places it to his left . The official man of the match was Steve McNulty and my personal man of the match was Adam Mekki .The attendance was 4325 with a visiting 113 . For entertainment I gave it a 8/10

Home atmosphere was a 7 and visiting 8 . 

The referee I give a 7 /10